The 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang was Canada’s best performance at any winter Olympics, receiving 29 medals. While the time difference between Canada and South Korea made it a bit challenging to watch the events live, Canadians were still tuning in!
Check out our highlights below. Clients can access the full report either through the InfoSys+TV homepage link or in Lens (TV PPM subscription is required).
- 85.2% of all Canadians watched at least a minute of 2018 Olympics TV coverage
- The most watched day was Monday 19th February when 18.9m Canadians tuned in to see Canada win 3 gold medals.
- Composition of the audience was evenly split between men and women. However, the Toronto audience was skewed more female.
- The youngest skewing audience was in Edmonton where 32.1% of the overall audience was younger than 34.
- The overall audience reach of the opening and closing ceremonies was very similar with just over 25% of all Canadians viewing for at least a minute. However, reach was much higher in Quebec Franco where 40% of all Individuals 2+ watched the opening ceremony.