Our Spring TV 2017 Hot Topic report is now available.
See where market viewing has grown, which are the top stations and programs by demo, percentage of live program viewing and more. Email email@example.com to get the full dashboard report. A TV Meter subscription is required.
Here are some highlights:
- Conventional station share grows by 1.3% points vs Fall 2016 for A25-54 in Canada (and by 2.7% points for kids aged 2-11)
- Montreal Franco EM still has the highest viewing levels with Ind2+ watching on average 28.3 hrs per week during Spring 2017 compared to an average of 23.3 across English Canada
- History moves to number 3 specialty station in Canada for all Ind2+ (behind Sportsnet & TSN)
- Big Bang Theory remains the number 1 Conventional station show in Canada for all Ind2+. Round 1 of the NHL playoffs comes out top for the reported male demos (and kids aged 2-11) yet La Voix is the number 1 show for teens ages 12-17.
- TVA + Sports ranks first among Canadian digital stations, outperforming SportsnetOne +.
- Three French-language programs were among the 10 most watched programs in Canada for Adults aged 2 and up.