Rio Olympics 2016
As a follow up to our ‘TV viewing patterns’ blog around the Olympics check out some highlights from the 2016 Rio Olympics.
To get the full report, email email@example.com *
- Fairly consistent with TV tuning during previous summer Olympics , Individuals 2+ in Canada watched almost 2 and half more hours of TV during the 2016 Olympics compared to the prior 4 weeks
- By the end of the Olympics 91% of all Canadians had viewed at least 1 minute
- The most watched day in Anglo Canada was Sunday August 14th when Andre de Grasse won bronze in men’s 100m
- The most watched day in Quebec Franco was Sunday August 7th when Penny Oleksiak won her silver in 100m butterfly
- The second most watched day in Canada was Thursday August 18th which was the 4 medal day:
- Meaghan Benfeito bronze in 10m platform diving
- Erica Wiebe Gold wrestling 75kg
- Damian Warner Bronze decathlon
- Andre de Grasse Silver 200m
- The closing ceremony attracted a higher reach than the opening ceremony (30% higher for all Ind2+ in Total Canada). Did this reflect growing interest in the games and the performance of our athletes?
* InfoSys+TV or Lens subscription required