The Academy Awards still bring in the largest audience with just over a third of all Canadians watching for at least a minute this year. This is an approximate increase of 4% over 2015 where Neil Patrick Harris was the host. 16.1m Ind2+ watched at least one minute of the big three award shows (Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Grammys). 29% watched all 3 and 29% only watched the Academy Awards. Unsurprisingly there is the greatest duplication between the two movie-based award shows.
- The Academy Awards are still the most watched of the three major ceremonies with almost 5.4m Canadians watching this year, an increase of 4% on 2015.
- Viewing levels were consistent through the entire ceremony with a peak of 6.2m viewers at 22:31 when the award for best supporting actor was announced.
- 4.6m Ind2+ watched at least a minute of all three awards ceremonies.
- 45% of Academy Awards viewers are men making it the most male skewed of the three broadcasts.
- 68% of Academy Awards viewers watched in groups of two or more.
For our full report* please contact Calvin Barr
*InfoSys+TV PPM or Lens subscription is required
Other posts you may be interested in: